Tuesday, October 23, 2012


This weekend we celebrated the Alabama v. Tennessee game with a trip to Gatlinburg. We went 2 years ago with my parents and their "Tennessee Group" and we were lucky enough to score an invite this time around! We headed up after what turned out to be a very interesting Thursday. That morning, I found one of my cats staring up at the wall. This generally means there is a moth or something that has caught his eye. Well, it turned out that Stella had found a lizard peaking out of the back of a framed piece of artwork in my entryway. Of course, I was home alone and had to deal with this little guy myself.

I thought that would be the most exciting part of the day, but turns out I was wrong! I left work a little bit early so I could get home and finish up the packing I didn't complete due to the lizard. On the way to my house, I spotted a basset hound chilling out on the side of the road. To get to our house you have to go up a really windy street and so I knew this dog should not have been there. When I got home I was just so worried about him I turned around hoping he had wised up and left, but he was still sitting there, in a pile of leaves, blending in! I pulled over and eventually, with some help from a nice man that stopped to help me (and you know I had caused a scene, about 5 different cars stopped), I got the dog into my car and took her to the vet hoping she had a microchip. She did! We called the chip company and she had been reported missing by her owners. They were contacted and came to get her. Hooray! After all of that excitement, I was glad when Forrest got home and we were able to get on the road for a relaxing weekend!!
On Friday, our group headed into Gatlinburg for lunch and some shopping. We got some delicious fudge and yummy caramel apples to share! Afterwards, Forrest and I headed out to go horseback riding. I had been dying to take a trial ride and found a great deal on Groupon. I think Forrest had a better time than me, though, as he LOVED his horse Reba! We had a very peaceful ride and even got to thank the horses with some apple treats afterwards. It was the perfect fall afternoon!
Forrest and Reba

Me and Petey

Reba loved her apple!

So did Petey!

Next we went back into town to ride the sky lift and take some pictures before heading back to the cabin for dinner.

My dad grilled steaks and we had salad, bread, and potatoes. Delicious!! I was totally stuffed and ready for bed after such a busy day!
We woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast being made. Sausage and egg casserole, crumb cake, fruit, and all sorts of other yummy breakfast goodies were ready for us!! Next, Forrest and I went to Pigeon Forge to ride go carts and do a little outlet shopping before boarding the bus for the football game.
Zoom Zoom!!

 I was SO glad we chose this option because it was super easy and painless! Once in Knoxville, we met up with some friends at Jordan and Emily's tailgate. They were so sweet to host us and to let us eat their food!!
Jordan, Zach, and Forrest

Next we found Deborah and hung out with her before heading into the stadium.

Our seats were WAY high, right up against their one jumbo tron, so we kept having to turn around an bend backwards to see it. It was also FREEZING in the upper deck but the 44-13 victory helped us move past that!! Roll Tide!
So pretty, minus the orange!

Our faces look red because of the light from the Jumbo Tron!

The bus took us safely back to Gatlinburg where dad was waiting with a pot of warm chili, and pictures of the BEARS that had visited the trash cans that afternoon!!
On Sunday we were so sad to leave! We barely made it to Mass in Pigeon Forge (traffic was terrible) before heading home. It was really nice to get home and settled before having to start the week.
I hope you all had a great weekend and that you are getting excited about Fall. Maybe it will start feeling like Fall around here soon!!


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one of them and they always make me smile!

Blogging tips