HI!! I am SO excited to share a post with you today form Dori Hartley with ShopAtHome.com! Remember a few weeks ago when I told you I was partnering with them? You may have noticed their coupons on my right side bar already, but they are also going to bring you a post each month with some great deals! Today's deal is all about music! I know that I personally love to run and work out with music blasting, and if you are into music at all, you will definitely want to check out the post below! Thanks Dori for your info!!
This is the time of year we often find ourselves slipping away for a drive to the shore, staying in shape by walking in the early morning sunshine to beat that noonday heat or hosting backyard barbecues with friends and family. But when I think of any kind of summer activity, the first thing I find myself saying is, “I am sooo going to need tunes for this!"
In fact, I like to load my playlist up with so many different types of music that my personal compilation is something I like to call “The Eclectathon.” Ready to add some new music to your routine? These songs compliment the summer heat with attitude, and, when I listen to them, I'm always transported into their story. Plus, snag a $10 music credit to eMusic using ShopAtHome.com, and get $4 Cash Back to spend on a cold cocktail, a sweet treat from the ice cream truck or – you guessed it – more music.
So, crank up the volume, pop on your headphones or set up your speakers on your patio. As the song goes, it’s “summertime, and the livin’s easy.”
10 ultimate songs to add to your summer playlist:
1. Bad Things (Jace Everett): Day or night, the theme from the HBO series True Blood will make you feel like Louisiana royalty. Swampy good stuff! (Haven’t seen the show? Rent it from Netflix.)
2. Jai Ho (A.R. Rahman): Hit the open road with this song from the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack blasting and you will be all but tempted to let go of the steering wheel so that you can raise your hands in joy while listening to the chorus.
3. Ghosts Riders in the Sky (The Outlaws): I'm particularly fond of fantasizing that I'm cruising on a motorcycle, rather than stuck behind the wheel of a drab gray Corolla. It's hot, the sun is bleaching my hair out and I've got no helmet on. It's just me, this song, my imaginary hog and the summer road ahead of me.
4. Could You Be Loved (Bob Marley): Let's just say, if I'm listening to this classic, I've arrived at my destination. It’s virtually impossible to dislike this song. Your body will bop, it will shake its head and say, "Yeah!"
5. Hot in the City (Billy Idol): I could be walking through a parking lot in the middle of nowhere, but if this tune is coming through my headphones you can best believe that, in my mind, I'm at the hottest party ever thrown in the heart of New York City.
6. La Isla Bonita (Madonna): Whether you’re taking a ferry over to the island or just chillin’ in the hammock out back, this song will leave you with a magical, tropical feel. Instant exotica!
7. Jaded (Aerosmith): Try cranking this tune in a car full of friends while driving to the beach. If you’ve ever wondered if your pals can sing, you'll hear the proof when everyone shouts out, "My, my, baby blue," in unison.
8. Lights (Ellie Goulding): Don’t know this song? Download it immediately. Nothing transitions you from, “What am I going to do today?” to “I am going to party like a sexy summer fool!” quicker than this gem.
9. Send Me an Angel (Zeromancer): If you’re driving while listening, just be conscious of your speed because this particular version will make you want to fly!
10. Venus (Shocking Blue): Accept no covers! The original version of this song will thrust you so far back into the ’60s, you’ll drive away with flowers in your hair, knowing that you are experiencing “The Summer of Love.”
Find stories about music, fashion, travel, fitness, gadgets and more on the Online Shopping Report (www.shopathome.com/online-shopping-report) at ShopAtHome.com (www.shopathome.com).
Photo credit: Creative Commons