(This picture has nothing to do with this post, but I like posts with pictures, so here you go.)
1. Captcha--omg-if I have to type in those numbers and letters to leave a comment, I'm probably not going to do it. If you want comments, don't make it hard to actually leave one.
2. "If you follow me I will follow you". I don't think I have every actually gotten this kind of comment on my blog but I see them other places all the time. I just think it's rude--if people want to follow you, they will!
3. Any time your blog starts singing at me, I'm going to leave. I usually leave my computer on mute but occasionally I turn the sound on and forget. When I'm reading blogs at work and your have some song blaring out at me, not only are my ears bleeding, but I'm in trouble. Not cool.
4. NOT following link up rules!! This might be my number one peeve. Bloggers put a lot of time and effort into their link ups and they are thrilled that you take the time to join them. Link ups can be a great source of traffic for not only the host, but for you, the linker upper--so follow the rules! Usually you just have to follow the host, and maybe a co-host and include a button in your post. It's not that hard and if you don't do it, it is totally rude!! Sometimes you may forget to include the button one day or you might overlook following a co-host--that happens to us all. But please don't do it on purpose!
5. Not being on twitter. I know this is really silly but if you have a blog I really really want you to have twitter. I know I can email you, but I want to tweet you, or tweet your awesome post to my other twitter friends. This is my own personal thing, but still--let me tweet you girl!!
6. No reply bloggers. I actually WAS a nrp for a while (thanks Jackie for fixing me!) and sometimes our friend google kicks me back to nrp status just for funsies (just ask Catalyn). If you don't know what a no reply blogger is, check out Sarah's tutorial HERE. Basically, if you leave a comment on my blog, it gets emailed to me. I ALWAYS respond to comments via email, not on the post typically, so I can give more personal, detailed responses. Sorry if you thought I never responded to comments--I promise I do! Anyway, if you are a "no reply blogger", I get the comment email but then I can't reply back to you! Sad day! This distresses me because you typically have wonderful comments and I can't communicate with you to discuss them!
Phew! It feels good to get that off of my chest.
Do you agree with my pet peeves? What are some of your blogging pet peeves?